1) my favourite shot of the cruise, the Margerie glacier
were three cruise ships in the Halifax harbour this morning when I woke
up and peeked through the hotel windows. So that view shall be the
start of my post.
I mentioned a couple days when posting about Ironman Laura, back
in July 2003 Laura, myself, Scots on the Rocks Annie and Terry all
flew up to Anchorage and climbed aboard the Sun Princess for a cruise
down the Alaskan coast to Vancouver. It was a gorgeous trip, made all
the more better by the utterly fabulous weather we had. When we landed
in Anchorage and left the airport it was 85°. That weather held the
entire way down to the Queen Charlotte Islands, where it became windy
2) me shooting that fabulous picture of Margerie Glacier
3 & 4) in College Fjord Glacier field
5) Ironwoman Laura, Terry and Scots on the Rocks Annie in the hot tub; 6) me being camera guru on deck
7) shooting Scots on the Rocks Annie; 8) our ship from way up above Juneau
9) the mountains outside Juneau; 10) freaky weather at sea
11 & 12) more glaciers, the names of which I cannot remember
13) my second favourite photo from the cruise of the lido deck at about 11:00PM
14) Terry, Scots on the Rocks Annie; moi and Ironwoman Laura down near Queen Charlotte Islands trying to stay warm
I don’t know. Part of me wants to go to a cruise, the other part of me thinks all the pollution it causes. I am glad you had a good time though.
wow, i saw it only on tv
wow, that’s beautiful. i love alaska; if only it weren’t quite so cold!
Where did your cruise start – halifax? ours started in Vancouver.alaska is beautiful but it is sad to see some of it melting away. how was the weather – was it cold?
what beautiful shots! I love that photo of the cruise at sunset. so is it cold enough to have some hot steamy action in an anonymous car?
Those glaciers in the background and you’re wearing shirts and shorts???
I always wanted to try the Alaska cruise…that I have to wait until I have my “other Half” to go with!Absolutely nice photos!! BTW, it would be nice to include some food photos too!! haha~~
Honestly… what do you do for a living…and how come you can afford the time and money to do so many great things? :[I’m probably going to be more and more jealous of looking at your blog and seeing what new things that you’ve experience that i’ll never go through. =[
September is alsoo hurricane month down here – remember. Well, now the question – laptop or desktop!? Okay I am totally jealous of the cruise. You and G manage to get to some of the greatest spots!