1) the evil number the Jodie popped into the Bingo spinner
On Friday night Blee offered to make me birthday cupcakes and headed up to our place to bake. Yummy!
3) Blee gets baking; 4) while G dances
- Sweet potato and cardamom with a whiskey and apple cider foam (me)
- Lamb Sausages Grilled, on a fig and Stilton risotto, orange and Port reduction (G)
- Berkshire Pork Loin, whole roasted, with lemon and herbs, braised pearl onions, maple brussel sprouts, rosemary scented pan-juices (me)
- Duck Confit on apple braised Napa cabbage, sautéed mushrooms and duck jus (G)
- Roasted Cinnamon Panna Cotta with apple, raisins, caramel and crème anglaise (G)
- Dark Bittersweet Chocolate Mousse with Madjool date, tear of truffled honey on an almond Génoise Cake, with crisp cocoa wafer and a cranberry orange compote (Me)
7) Pangaea looking inside, out; 8) inside a restaurant we had to our own
9) G shops at The Bay with basket in tow before lunch; 10) me hanging out at Pangaea
13) my dessert; 14) G’s dessert
We also prepared the blinis for the caviar, finished off the cupcakes and laid out the bar for the action, including an ice display G made to house the vodka.
15 & 16) Jodie knows how to blow
17) .. and suck; 18) the blinis
19) Blee reaches for her purse; 20) Bucky guards some of the food
If you stopped on Green (you were spared); if you stopped on Blue (you had to do a vodka shot); if you stopped on Yellow (you had to do a tequila shot); and if you stopped on Red (you got to “pick your poison”).
21) the greeting; 22) the games we played
23 & 24) into the games we went
25) Gracie caught in the act of bingoing; 26) Blee stands as she has one number left
27) champagne, glorious champagne; 28) Gaston, our pet dog, coughed up a fur ball
29) the caviar goes out; 30) caviar on a blini
31) I open another bottle of champagne; 32) Cousin Richard celebrates a win
33) the game board … everyone had a chance to call a game
34) the dreaded Spinner gets spun again; 35) Blee downs a tequila
36) the vodka on G’s gorgeous ice display; 37) Suzie and Brian celebrate Suzie’s won
38) Jodie displays her prize, two Burberry luggage tags; 39) more caviar yummies on a cracker this time
40) Blee’s a winner!; 41) I huff and I puff
42) G gets catlike; 43) Suzie and Brian confer on a possible Lucky 7 win
44) the clock as we crawled into bed on Saturday morning; 45) the clock as I climbed out of bed on Sunday afternoon
A shout-out too to our neighbour, Sue, who, at 1:30am came knocking on our condo door with two girlfriends and a bottle of wine … and so the party kept going! This was the first time we met our new neighbour and drinking wine and doing vodka shots at 3:00am is a pretty interesting way to get to know someone.
Next year, it going to be bridge and prune juice for me!
Looks like you guys have a great party.
I just love those cup cakes…and a Happy B……B-day!
happy new year!
wow, that sounds like a lot of fun! happy belated b-day! yay, aquarians!
Happy Belated Birthday, Brent! Gourmet meals…happy friends gatherings…champagne + cavier…multiple cupcakes…that sounds like a fun weekend!
Well Happy Birthday!! I am sure the little old ladies would love your special bingo games.
Well a belated but hearty happy birthday to you. Best wishes for the year to come! Looks like you celebrated it in fine style, as always.