So the reality is, it’s mid-March and that means NCAA March Madness College Basketball watching and I have been glued to the television essentially from 12noon-12midnight since Thursday watching games non-stop.
I did manage to drag myself away for a couple hours early on Saturday morning however when I joined Blee and Mimi on a visit to smell the flowers at Canada Blooms. Toronto has been in the grip of GOREGOUS weather for March the past week – with highs near 18C so it was good to get out and see what spring has in store.
2) this arrangement was about the size of a thimble; 3) more orchids
4) the winner in the jade species category; 5) another orchid
6) these arrangements were taller than me! … around 185cm … but I thought none were pretty; 7) tulips
8) my favourite flower: the iris
9) Mimi decides on organic seeds; 10) if the slipper fits … this pair is made completely of roses
11 & 12) some of the larger arrangements at the show
13) Canadian Cancer Society installation was a wall of daffodils
14) yes, more orchids; 15) a view from the top of the CCS installation
See you again when I surface from the couch when the Final Four ends in April.
Those flowers must really make the ache for spring even stronger!
Beautiful blooms! I am watching basketball too. Loved the upset game the other night. #1 is gone. Sort of opens it up a little more.