We really adored Langkawi and rented a car to tour the island – something easily accomplished in a day.
We – despite the warnings – were victims of a white tailed macaque attack inside our suite. Yes, inside our suite. The crafty macaques actually managed to open the balcony door (granted, I did leave it a crack open) and ransaked our room – helping themselves to our fruit tray and even opened the minibar fridge door and cleared it out to the tune of US$36!
2) the warning is quite clear!; 3) the aftermath of the macaque attack in our suite
4) macaque on the prowl; 5) macaque paying us a visit
7) looks can be deceiving, you DO NOT want to provoke these animals
8) a video of the macaque right up close
We spent 5 glorious hours at Ishan Malaysian Spa in Pantai Cenang having our bodies massaged and scrubbed and wrapped in banana leaves. It was sheer heaven.
9) our wee car parked on a terribly precarious slope by the spa; 10) heading up to our couple’s retreat spa room
11) everywhere at the spa – flowers!; 12) a star lily
13) Ishan Spa – highly recommended!; 14) the view from the Sap out to Pulah Tepor
15) me in the spa tub
18 & 19) lunching in Pantai Cenang
20) friend rice; 21) fresh seafood arrives as we have lunch
We were blessed with an outrageous romantic dinner on the beach one evening – just G and I and one very capable waitress. We ate nobat style at the Datai House.
22) dinner at The Gulai House; 23) our table at the restaurant
24) our hands are washed upon arrival; 25) our appetizer: “Campur-Campur”
35) our drinks arrive
We took the Langkawi Cable Car to the Skybridge high in the Machinchang mountain range; hiked to Telaga Tujuh and Temurum Waterfalls.
38) at the top looking out towards Kuah
39) G heads down to the Skybridge
40) G on the Skybridge
41) highly recommended – so cool!
42) looking out over the bay with the cable cars high above
43) me on the bridge
44 & 45) heading down to the waterfalls – it a very, very warm day!
46) moi at the falls
47) the quieter side of the falls
48) G is dwarfed by the falls
49) the falls live and with sound
62) touch-me-nots in action
64) turn your head sideways – sorry – and you’ll see the ghost eye monkey busy eating
65) a horn-bill visits our hotel
66) right after a downpour – the channel you’ll see on the right was pure white – with water – during the rain
67) bye-bye from Langkawi