1) beautiful Lake Louise in winter
I flew from Winnipeg to Calgary very early Thursday morning and by noon found myself – and my three colleagues – in beautiful Banff.
2) the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge at Winnipeg airport VERY early Thursday morning; 3) the view from my room at Inns of Banff
4 & 5) because …”If you haven’t been to Bumpers, you haven’t been to Banff” … they make THE BEST Alberta steaks and prime rib going
6) Donna stops to grab a photo Sat am in Banff; 7) heading along Highway 1A
On Saturday we drove further west along an icy and snow packed Highway 1A to Lake Louise to enjoy the Chateau and brunch at the Relais & Chateaux accredited Post Hotel. I would argue that Lake Louise in winter is even more pretty than summer. The mountains reveal more of their battleship grey-coloured rock and the Lake is far, far less crowded with tourists. When we arrived the winter fog was in full swing casting the Lake in an eerie yet beautiful state.
8) stopping along Highway 1A for a gorgeous photo op
9) along Highway 1A; 10) arriving at Lake Louise in the morning winter fog
11) you can skate here in the winter; 12) the path up to the Chateau
13) moi in front of the Ice castle right on the Lake; 14) Sue followed by Gail heads up to the late in the early morning light
15) the ice castle on the Lake
16) inside the Chateau looking out to the Lake; 17) G and I sat here in June for dinner
18 & 19) the beautiful ice sculptures
20) Gail and Sue now head back to the truck with the fog gone; 21) another ice masterpiece
22) I built a snowman!
23) the Chateau; 24) it remains for me one of the most beautiful places in all of Canada
25) the restaurant at the Post Hotel; 26) we all ordered tea (it was so cold outside)
27 7 28) the sourdough bread was amazing
29) I ordered hamachi and a perfectly prepared and dressed frisee salad; 30) the view from our table at the restaurant
Wow, gorgeous scenery!
I tend to always forget how beautiful nature and things in front of me are…until I see the pictures you upload. I think a lot of it has to do with your amazing photography skills
Take me there!! Send me a ticket! I love to visit the snow but not live there. Beautiful photos and yummy food. Some handsome gentleman in the photo too!
Oh, I haven’t been to Banff then, even though I went there in October!That is really beautiful, but I don’t think I can survive the freeze!
So pretty. I was in Banff and Lake Louise many years ago in summer, but winter beats it.
Envy, envy, envy! Toy sure know how to enjoy life. I need to go back to Banff, view the scenary and eat at the Bumpers. Keep on blogging, I need the “fix”, hehe. Thanks!