We spent 12.5 hours at the Canadian National Exhibition yesterday … OMG, so much fun! For those of you that don’t know, the CNE is a tradition in Toronto … around since 1879. I remember being just a wee kid and visiting the CNE and most Torontonians – I would argue – revisit it each summer throughout their lives. Here, in pictures, is some of what we did and saw:
1) saw funky Sony technology; 2) ate Tiny Tom’s; 3) straddled things hehe
4) saw the world’s longest parade; 5) G went down; 6) I went up
7) visited the Barbie Museum; 8) saw the world’s ugliest chair; 9) met Galloping Gourment, Graham Kerr
10) saw a man balance a rock …; 11) and succeed; 12) me as a midget
13) went ‘baaaahhhh’; 14) and ‘moooooo’; 15) and ‘cluck’
16) saw the SuperDogs show; 17) found a reason never to visit Blackstock, Ontario; 18) went up on the ferriswheel
19) rode “Crazy Mouse” at 10am; 20) and again at 10pm; 21) saw the CNE at night
22, 23, 24) toured the Chinese Lantren Festival … one word: AMAZING!
25) pandas; 26) a dragon at Ontario Place; 27) this dragon is made entirely of porcelain teacups and saucers … I’m not kidding!
29) nighty-night … I’m sleepy
HAHAHA! 17). is so bitchy great! The fair is like a mini-Epcot…with farm animals and midget mirrors. I LOVE the pandas….totally speaks to my unhealthy teddy bear fetish. If i had a front lawn, those lighted pandas would be there.
Gee… you’re just a big kid at heart! I’m going to be visiting the lantern festival too.
omg. the lanterns are gorgeous!! i must visit CNE. i don’t care how ghetto it is!! psst. THE BANQUET is screening at TIFF. I am creaming my pants.
oh…i didn’t finish that mishima’s book…i’ve lost my interest. big bang love is a good film, no?
Awww you got to go to the lantern festival. I really wanted to go but my friends were too tired! Looks like you had a lot of fun!
So is it like a fair?
Hmmm… i’m thinking about visit the Ex tomorrow… Just thinking…That sounds like a Hanson song…
that’s kinda hot =]and that last entry…the pictures are so awsomethey make me wanna visit the restauranthaha
wow, that looks like a lot of fun. and that dragon is pretty amazing.
i have a question…do people who wear kilts usually not wear underwear?or is that some kinda rumor? o_O
How come all the pics are so small?
Hey, I’m going to the CNE this Thurs, hopefully it’ll be fun!And yes, the lanterns are AMAZING! =)
Great Photos! Maybe I should plan a trip next year.
I love the Ex! I miss the Flyer.