Last night we hosted the TIFF Wrap-Up & Champagne Party to celebrate the end of TIFF-film-festing for this year. On hand to join us was the Film Fest Five; Tennis Star Suzie and Stephen; Brian, Gary and Blee. The evening started with G’s oh-so-fabulous cocktail, the Film Festini, an homage to the colours of this year’s film fest logo. A martini of blue curacao, vodka, a touch of lime and garnished with a beautiful fresh fig slice. From there, it was onto the champagnes. Over the evening we sampled the following sparkling wines/champagnes:
- Jackson-Triggs Proprietors’ Reserve Methode Cuve Close 2004 (very tasty Ontarian; Try it!);
- Segura Viudas Brut Reserva Spain;
- Wolf Blass Yellow Label Sparkling Brut Non-Vintage (good and affordable);
- Freixenet Cordon Negro Brut Spain;
- Lanson Black Label Brut France (so excellent, so French);
- Veuve Clicquot Brut France (THE standard in champagne)
- Moet & Chandon Nectar Imperial France (the champagne of choice for Queen Elizabeth II).
This morning I lined up the dearly departed bottles, plus the second Veuve we opened at 1am, and reminisced.
eggyplant tries her acting skills as we all got into a fierce game of
Act One with the asians vs. the whities; 5) I’ve seen Blee like this
before!; 6) the crew take the comic book character challenge
Also popular last night was our PacMan game. This proved somewhat challenging for a few folks (easily blamed on the Champagne mind you). However, here’s a tip I can pass on for our next party (and which G only remembered this morning). The controller knob rotates! OMG, that would have made the race track a little easier to negotiate eh.
Friday’s party: the XX Again Party
We headed north to the wilds of Newmarket on Friday night to join Maria and Mark and Megan in celebrating Maria’s XX Birthday again. It was a huge success and lots of fun, especially once Barney brought out the ‘urchin’ to play with. Gooey fun for sure!