Xin Nian Kuai Le!
We started the Chinese New Year’s day by meeting up with willariah and eggyplant for coffee in our ‘hood then picked up Blee and headed north, at noon, to Pacific Mall. That was a daring move, yes, since it was noon on Chinese New Year and we were driving! Anyone who’s ever driven to Pacific Mall and attempted to park knows exactly what I’m talking about! However, the luck gods were shining on us and we found a spot licky-split!
We shopped, we collected ‘hong bao’, we pigged out (fitting for Year of the Pig) on dim sum at Market Square, we fed the dragon that stopped by our table so we’re destined for much luck this year, we met another Xangster, Issey. We then headed home for more dumplings. It was a wonderful day!
1) eggyplant & willariah; 2) me & Blee; 3) the food arrives
4) chicken feet; 5) the Dragon arrives at our table; 6) Poohs
7) the Dragon eyes the hong bao; 8) the Dragon eats the hong bao; 9) more hong bao and lettuce awaits the Dragon out in Pacific Mall
(each shopkeepers places hong bao outside the entrances of their stores)
10) Year of the Piggy paraphernalia; 11) G found large pillows shaped like, er, well, breasts that eggyplant found amusing, and;
12) willariah got up close and personal with
Which One First? …
The answer to Friday’s question was easy for anyone who knows me. I’ll start my answer by reminding folks that G and I flew out to Los Angeles in May to see Madonna launch her Confessions Tour. So, the answer, of course was Madonna … all two luscious, wonderful hours of it. Eprops to onetonman for calling this one correctly!