Blee hosted the rescheduled charcuterie night at her place last night. OMG, it was wonderful! For an architect, she’d truly make a marvellous chef!
We stayed downtown at the Park Hyatt and then wandered down to her condo around 3pm to help assist (read: drink wine and taste test various cured meats and fabulous cheeses).
The event was absolutely outstanding and Blee outdid herself again. A great evening with great friends that only needs pictures of the food to tell the story.
2) the table awaits the full spread
3) marinated artichokes; 4) button tomatoes
5) gerkins; 6) stuffed eggplant
7) proscuitto wrapped around thin breadsticks
8) the host with the most preparing
9, 10 & 11) the meats
12) the platter; 13) plus more, including wild boar pate
14, 15 & 16) the cheeses
17) and more
18) veggies; 19) onion and canteloupe soup … OMG good
20) two kinds of figs; 21) two kinds of homemade bread
22 & 23) getting closer to digging in
24) the world’s biggest zucchini … it was only $2.00
25 & 26) and homemade apple flan for dessert
“our usual room at the Park Hyatt” — a phrase to incorporate into my dreams.
Nice – what a feast!