Answer: Boston, MassiveTwoTits.
1) heading over to Billy Bishop Island Airport in Toronto; 2) Cousin Richard relaxes in the Porter Lounge
We were in Boston as part of the Cousin Club tour ’10 and our ongoing adventure to seek out fun, food and frolicking. Joining us on this outing were honourary cousins Tennis Star Suzie and Brian. Cousin regulars Blee, myself, G and Cousin Richard flew down together with Porter though, sadly, regular Cousin Ora remained in Ottawa. We missed you Cousin Ora!
We’ll split this travelogue into The Sights and more importantly, The Food.
So, to the sights …
3) creepy Murphy bed, we’ve emailed the Hyatt GM to advise never again thanks; 4) G inspects
Friday night we found ourselves at the Museum of Fine Arts, which is also worth a visit as it has not only an excellent collection of (sigh) French Impressionists but a superb collection of Asian art. I was particularly struck by the woodblock prints from 17th and 18th century Japan … you can see in these 300 year old prints the Japanese fascination to this day with anime.
9) G and Blee go up; 10) a free lunch to the xangan who can guess who this is by
11) the walkway over the cafe; 12) Blee’s excited eh
13) poor lad caught in a cocoon over the cafe; 14) what’s behind door number 2?
14) can you imagine sleeping on this ‘pillow’?; 15) Cousin Richard and Blee admire the asian gallery
16) I love this zen shot; 17) Blee gives her best PPA pose (google it if you’ve no idea what I’m referring to)
18) at the entrance; 19) heading down to the subway
20) tromphe l’oeuil: book anyone?; 21) G in the Common
22) the view from our room at Hyatt during the day; 23) the famous swan boats at the Public Gardens
24) me doing tai chi? … not; 25) roaming Beacon Hill area
16) more Beacon Hill; 17) Copley Square and the poor Trinity Church that is sinking thanks to I.M. Pei’s building to the right
20 & 21) at Fenway!
31) our Marvelous Suite at W Boston; 32) Blee and Cousin Richard explore
33) the bathroom; 34) looking out through the scrim to the main room
35) Institute of Contemporary Art – great building; 36) looking back over to the Customs House Tower from North End Park
37 & 38) Faneuil Hall area with G and Blee right in the middle of it all
51) Cousin Richard being ‘fierce’; 52) W gave us complimentary ‘sip’ cards for the Lounge which we used to down … champagne but of course!
53) not the Extreme Wow Suite but still damn fine
54) hanging out in Little Italy; 55) we had reservations at Strega at 9pm but as 10:10pm rolled round we bailed … sure, Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton eat here but, sorry, ain’t that good to wait any longer
58) Holy cannoli! … OMG yummy; 59) Monday we visited Harvard … scene of G’s favourite movie “Legally Blond”, home of the “bend and snap” and fond memories for me when I dug with Harvard in Israel
bend & snap done right!
62) visiting Harvard’s Carpenter Center for the Arts built by the one and only Le Corbusier; 63) is this him?
64) a Henry Moore in the Harvard Yard; 65) on to Massive Two Tits Institute of Technology to see Canada’s own architect, Frank Gehry’s iconic – if leaky – Stata Center