Right, news wise; we bought a condo over on False Creek so that we can change up the view we’ve had for four years over Burrard Inlet. It’s a lovely place with a to-die-for kitchen in a boutique building with very few units. Me loves!
1) the new view
2) in and celebrating with the Dom …
3) … and sushi of course
4) we thought the Christmas turkey turned out brilliantly this year!
Over the holiday we wandered down to Steveston early one morning to stroll along the boardwalk and watch the fishermen doing their thing. It was lovely but boy was the boardwalk icy and it was a challenge to keep your footing. Sadly, there were next to no fisherman boats lined up so early and Pajo’s was closed.
5) dawn breaks over the Fraser in Steveston
Blee was also in town for a bit over the holidays and she joined us, and Barb & Darrin at the Burnaby Velodrome one evening to watch a series of races. Very neat and better still, you can take lessons on riding in the velodrome; something I’m definitely going to consider.
6) the race is on … you’ve no sense in this picture of just how steep that wall actually is
7) inside the bubbled velodrome
8) we’ve views at this place on three sides which is terrific so we can watch the sun rise on one side of the condo and see it set on the other
9) we hosted a New Year’s Eve party as well and went bowling (we’ve an alley in the condo, go figure); here Blee is up while Kevin checks the scores, G gets up to bowl and Barb watches on
10) this was shot back in early December, the one, and only, time we had snow on the ground this winter.
11) using the zoom on my camera I can also clearly see Mt Baker in the distance above the ever-blooming Vancouver condo cranes
12) so calm, so peaceful; so zen