Gosh, isn’t that nice to say: G | returned. The trip was fantastic and he’s catnapping to solve the jetlag beside me here. The next few posts will be dedicated to his trip and some of the places he visited including:
- Hong Kong;
- Shanghai; and,
We’ll start in …
H O N G K O N G
G arrived in Hong Kong and did two stints there in between a trip to China. He was in Hong Kong for both Christmas and New Year’s and mixed lots of sightseeing, food, and shopping.
New Year’s Eve in Hong Kong
4) The Peninsula Hotel; 5) folks have afternoon tea in the lobby of The Peninsula
G visited Hong Kong Disneyland the day he arrived and spent a couple nights at the Disney Hollywood Hotel. He thought it was excellent, which surprised me as I’d heard less than happy reviews about this verison of the themepark.
6) Hong Kong Disneyland where they; 7) send fireworks off each night that you can watch from your room
After returning from China, G powerlunched at Pierre (now under the very capable hands of French chef, Pierre Gagnaire) at the Mandarin Oriental.
11) Hong Kong streets; 12) the bird cage at the ‘it’ nightclub Dragon-I; 13) G brought 2007 in real style with this bottle!
14) inside ‘it’ club, Dragon-I; 15) a visit to the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantou Island; 16) one of the uber developments on ‘The Peak” (sigh)
17) the Tian Tan Buddha up close
Beautiful pictures. I might go to Hong Kong next year. I wonder if there’s a gay village down there?
Thanks for the welcome back. =) It looks like we have similar tourist pix of HK. But unlike you guys, we decided not to go to Disney Land.
Nicely framed pics. Look at all that smog in China!
Looks like he’s good with cameras and it also looks like he had fun.
Beautiful photos – amazing places he visited.
Oh nice pics – the food looks amazing. The house on the peak – yeah, sigh.
wow, that’s an impressive trip! i’d love to go visit all those places, i haven’t been to any of them.ryc: well, they do say a picture is worth 1000 words, so in a sense that may have been my most verbose post yet ;) (actually, it was the result of having to study for a final, deal with jet lag, and start dating someone simultaneously)