So, yesterday marked the annual craziness that is the Umbra Factory Sale at the Canadian National Exhibition. This sale runs over three days with the hoitytoity people gaining access today and tomorrow, and a preview sale yesterday for uber-fabulous folks like me. I headed over to the Direct Energy Centre yesterday around 10:30AM and found the usual hodgepodge of picture frames, bathroom accessories and more window coverings/treatments than you could shake a stick at. However, in amongst this were a couple finds, most notably, two telescoping glass end tables. for $20! Twenty bucks! Gad, I love a deal.
Staff Christmas Party
Last night was G’s annual Christmas party, which was held this year at DT Bistro. Once again the firm put on a great spread with 48 bottle of wine to serve the 18 of us! DT Bistro was excellent and I’d highly recommend you pay a visit to this establishment. We were served:
- Duck sandwiches
- Seafood spring rolls
- Baked goat cheese on toasted baguette with a drizzle of honey balsamic
- Baby mixed green salad with tangerine and Sambuca vinaigrette
- Snow crab cakes with lime, coriander, tomato and mango salsa
- Honey soy herbed roasted chicken breast with fingerling potatoes and winter roasted vegetables (Brent)
- Wild mushroom saffron pappadelle with roasted garlic, fennel, tomatoes and creamy white wine sauce (G)
- Mixed berry crumble with vanilla gelato
… and wonderful Camomile tea
Visit this place if you’ve a chance. In talking to the chef and manager after dinner, what I discovered is that DT Bistro is the place that supplies desserts to Toronto’s finest hotels (King Edward Hotel, Four Seasons, Sheraton). More so, DT Bistro has served desserts to Queen Elizabeth II, King Olaf of Norway and the head of that ridiculously inane cult (read: the catholic church), the pope.