Wow, long time no post. Plenty of reasons for that:
- a visit to London for Thanksgiving (sans camera);
- work; and,
- the arrival of Wii in the B&G household.
Shortly before we headed to London, G made a dinner of to-die-for pot roast – part of the comfort food adventure we’ve been on of late. We paired it with our continuing walk through the LCBO’s complete catalogue of champagnes and sparkling wines, this time with an outstanding bottle from Austria – Schlumberger Sparkling (highly recommended).
2) G’s pot roast and the fixings; 3) Schlumberger Sparkling (who’d have thought Austria makes great bubbly)
We were fortunate this year to get two turkey dinners. First in London with my parents, sister and family, then a dash back to Toronto on Thanksgiving Day in order to make Blee’s Asian-inspired dinner with Cousin Richard. Crazy yes, but worth the trip. Thanks Blee!
6) sad yes, more bubbly; this time with ginger syrup and star anise; 7) the asians taking pictures of the food, but of course
16) Cousin Richard on a nic-fit; 17) heading back home on Thanksgiving Monday passing by the CN Tower
Are we Wii addicts? … perhaps … we played 8 hours worth on Sunday.
21) Sunday morning | 7:30AM | Falcon or Peregrine on the antenna just over yonder (taken with my camera through a single binocular lens)