We’re just back from our nightly jog, and in addition to preparing dashi for a Japanese dinner we’re hosting on Saturday night, I whipped up a lemon pasta with ramps and too-die-for roasted pork.
2) fresh Ontario ramps; 3) the pork about to be chopped up
4) freshly grated Romano and Parmesan cheese; 5) lemon zest and juice is prepared
5) a bottle of Portuguese rioja opened and heavy cream at the ready; 6) garlic cloves crushed and tossed in whole with the ramps and pork
7) pan fry the ramps and pork with some olive oil; 8) reduce the rioja and lemon zest by half
9) add lemon/white, cheese and cream to the pasta and toss, then; 10) top with the ham/ramps
Also, on Sunday, we stopped by Mount Pleasant Cemetery to snap photos of the crab apple tree in full bloom. This grouping of trees and I go waaaaay back and I have been visiting it since about 1998 to watch it bloom. It is a sure sign Spring has sprung in Toronto.
For you Torontonians, you can see this grouping of trees while walking on Yonge Street or taking the TTC out of, or to, Davisville Station.
I used to love to walk the Tidal Basin in DC when the cherry blossoms were i bloom!
Cherry blossoms are so beautiful! Ham/ramp do make a good mix sometimes too! :P