On another note, my folks are arriving from London Friday for a visit that will include, in part, mom’s XX birthday. Last night G and I were busy preparing the celebratory feast for Saturday night that will include homemade pasta (at mom’s request) … and some raspberry sherbet. The rest of the menu remains top secret.
1) we made full-on flour pasta this time with no addition of semolina. I’m not sure I’m a fan as the pasta, in drying, is very difficult to work with;
2) the KitchenAid pasta extruder is started up
3) look, like magic, homemade spaghetti; 4) here it dries
5) with thanks to CIS Carlee for the recipe – raspberries, milk, sugar and a touch of lemon juice; 6) puree in the blender
7) let it strain a couple times through a ‘china cap’ which is this odd device sort of like
a chinoise but with bigger holes and a wooden pommel you use to work the mixture
8) see all the seeds it ends up catching; 9) blend in your KitchenAid ice cream maker and you’re done … you’ll see the finished adventure next week as all is not what it seems