1) the table awaits “The Little Prince” and others …
AMid-summer Night Supper
– in celebration of Mom’s Birthday –
17 July 2010
Watermelon & chevre
Perrier Jouet Grand Brut Champagne, France
Crusted tuna crisps & wasabi cream
(more) Perrier Jouet Grand Brut Champagne, France
Heirloom tomato gazpacho
with Dijon mustard ice cream
La Vieille Ferme, Cotes du Ventoux Rose 2009, France
Artisanal spaghetti with garlic,
anchovies, white wine & parsley
La Joya Reserve, Viognier 2008, Chile
Champfleury, Longueuil, Quebec
White stilton with mango & ginger, Somerset, England
Heritage 3-year-old cheddar, Winchester, Ontario
Smoked jarlsberg, Norway
Iced red berry souffle &
Stratus Ice Wine 2007, Ontario
2) the watermelon and goat cheese … the cheese is mixed with bacon infused olive oil, bacon, shallots, parsley and tarragon
3) I deepfry the won ton wrappers; 4) fresh sushi grade tuna awaits it sesames
5) we over did the tuna a little (need higher heat on the element) with watercrest, cucumber and radish salad with a peanut, sesame, ginger dressing and wasabi cream
6) yes, I made Dijon mustard ice cream; 7) with the KitchenAid – just cream, egg yolks and a lot of mustard
8) here I am preparing the heirloom tomatoes by skinning them; 9) red onion, cucumber, red pepper, cayenne and garlic
10) pulse and add in the tomatoes
11) done, heirloom tomato gazpacho with Dijon mustard ice cream … fabulous!
12) G made homemade seed crackers; 13) outstanding!
14) here’s the anchovy and caper pasta with our homemade spaghetti and Parmesan crisp
15 & 16) the cheeses are prepared
17) my homemade raspberry sherbet; 18) G kindly did the messy job of wrapping sherbet in hot chocolate (not an easy task!)
19) I prepare the red berry souffle; 20) which required an Italian meringue
21) bringing the sugar and water to 250 degrees for the magic to take place; 22) I had making desserts and Italian meringues … we actually had to make this not once, or twice but three times to get the blessed thing right!
23) folding the berries into the meringue; 24) G tempers the chocolate … a necessary step to get glossy chocolate
25) I’m glad he’s doing this; 26) well done G … gorgeous chocolates with frozen sherbet inside
28) the souffle which was good but not spectacular; 28) served with the bonbon and hand-dipped strawberries
Such a Beautiful Dinner!
Happy Birthday Mom! –That is a beautiful dinner.
Nice menu but I can also imagine the huge loads of washing and cleaning up after the dinner!
All I can say is wow! That’s an awesome dinner.