… So, what do you expect of two gays lads trying to pipe straight lines with cake batter?
I’ve a whole new appreciation for pastry chefs, and more so, the cost (sometimes) charged for fancy-pansy desserts like a Bavaroise or Bavarian cream. G and I made these this week. It took two nights and too many hours. The Bavariose is the lemon, poppy seed, cream filling spooned into the very yummy cakes.
The white sponge cake had Contireau flavouring; the chocolate sponge cake we flavoured with Kirsch.
4 & 5) before and after baking
6 & 7) cut the cake and line the molds
8) cutting out the bottoms; 9) ready for the cream
10) all ready for the Bavaroise
11) juice and rind of 3 lemons; 12) mixed with milk and poppy seeds
13) soak the gelatin leaves in some water; 14) add into the mixture
15) now slowly whisk in the cream/egg yolks into the poppy seed mixture; 16) keep going till it is thickened and let cool
17) beat some whipping cream and; 18) fold into the cream/egg yolk/poppy seed mixture … scoop this into the molds and let sit overnight in the fridge
19) remove from fridge and enjoy!